PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education Fatigue?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2003, 12:00
BritishGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-P-please don't take this in a wrong way, but if you're in the last year of your degree with only a PPL (and no, i'm not being condesending) with the state of the market at the moment for low hour pilots, I think you'd be a fool to drop out of uni. TRUST ME! If you're skint, the degree may aid you in order to get a temp job or something hence, you'll be able to make a little cash to fund the flying (or at this stage your atpl written exams). DO NOT LEAVE UNI IN YOUR LAST YEAR BUDDY!!! Show some persistence, you're employer may look favourable towards it. If all else goes wrong, you'll be able to do some IT work or something (rather than flip burgers) if you know what I mean. I think dropping out at this stage for 'the love of flying' (if I were an employer-but I'm not) would show a bit of a cop-out in attitude, for when the going got tough, you couldn't take the heat at Uni....so why should I employ you?? Know what I mean?? I was in exactly the same situation as you when I was at uni....I completed my degree. And to tell you the truth, I don't think my flying 'career' (if you wanna call it that!) would be any further if I had dropped out. And right now, I'd say, don't be in a MAD rush to get on with things....as things in this industry won't be going 100mph for a little while yet. Use the time advantage to your side. Think about it buddy....