PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 15:55
morenof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I did ok in my sim evaluation. I had prepared a takeoff briefing that I thought it was short already. After I gave my first t.o. briefing, they said "keep it short, short" I was a bit puzzled because it was short enough already in my opinion. The next three t.o. briefings I said "RH seat departure, rwy17, wx is good, 80 kts airspeed check, any malfunctions below V1 we abort, after V1 we proceed with std company call outs and procedures. any questions? Before t.o. checklist" No more questions asked. There also was one moment of panic when I asked to engage autopilot, the PM pushed the C a/p button but it did not engage, I then transferred my attention towards preparing the approach, etc and I lost about 300-400 ft of altitude until I realized the a/p wasn't on. I regained control and climbed back up to my altitude and engaged a/p again. I thought that was it. Anyway, they liked a lot the fact that I practiced the profiles in advanced and asked me a few questions during my interview about this. I had booked 4 hrs of sim time in AMS with an instructor in a B767 the week before my screening and basically went over the profiles over and over again trying to get the call outs and procedures correct. I enjoyed my week in Tokyo and the whole screening process was a great experience, people so polite and respectful, I didn't get lost in the tokyo subway system which is an awesome achievement. I liked what I saw. I am now waiting on my medical exam results. Fingers crossed!

PS: dominican, me gustaría hablar contigo en privado si es posible y preguntarte mas cosas. Llevo leyendo este thread desde hace tiempo y en abril me decidí a echar ya los papeles. Es correcto en espana esta todo jodido. En mi caso tengo trabajo y estoy volando y lo que busco es otro tipo de oportunidades que en mi compania nunca voy a tener.