PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 15:05
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During the practice visual approach before the test I did this and they said "not now" so I called again for the cklist once altitude was captured and I guess this was ok but its probably better to ask them during your orientation just to make sure
And this gives you a very good insight into how training will be here, it is a well scripted, rehearsed performance where timing for calling of checklists, calls and SOP's are the stars of the show. The calls and SOP's need to be your one and only priority at the beginning stages, I can't stress this enough, you need to get those calls and SOP's down cold as soon as you can, if by sim six you are not keeping your altitude within 100 feet and your speed with 10 knots they are not worried because you still have a plethora of sim sessions to come, but if you are still making calls or using other companies SOP's by mistake, this indicates to them that you are not making an effort to do it "their way" once you understand this criteria, then training here is actually not so difficult in my view.

PS:morenof, me imagino que las cosas deben estar muy difíciles en España con la situación económica y la falta de trabajo, te deseo suerte y si hay algo en que podamos ayudarte, por favor déjanos saber.