PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 12:25
SingaporeAirlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please explain to me why:

Singaporeans who self-sponsor CPL either in SFC/Overseas do not receive so much as an interview and are unemployed/doing something else/employed as an instructor in some random place?

Indian/Malaysian/HK cadets are accepted with open arms even if they have had prior flight training and are zoomed straight past the crowd to the Citation phase?

In fact if you read the ad by SIA calling for foreign cadets, they explicitly state that they do not mind prior experience whereas SFC Graduates who are Singaporean and have just paid SGD200,000 are not finding jobs.

Finally I do not even understand how relevant the "Wait till 26" policy is anymore. All you NSmen kee chiu and say, after your NS stint, who really wants to go to Airforce anymore?

It's like CAAS/MINDEF/SIA/RSAF are expecting people who did not sign on at 18-19 to ORD and come back between 19-26?

Who makes these policies?

I hope Qatar and CX whoop the living hell outta SIA these few years and they really start to get their act together.

Seems like SIA's arrogance towards employees is overflowing over to customers as well

Oh well...Sorry just ranting