PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, what next ?
Thread: So, what next ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2003, 10:17
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nr Fairy,

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS on getting your CPL(H).

Tell your...er...friend ...that all of us low hours CPLs are asking the same questions, especially since the North Sea jobs dried up.

I gave up on Option 1 very quickly - but possibly rather too quickly; there's an outside chance that if you're in the right place at the right time and someone likes your face...

I think Option 2 is probably your best bet; I know someone who's getting all of a certain school's pleasure flights that way. It could have been me...but I wasn't in the right place at the right time, or maybe he preferred the other guy for some reason; who knows. And hey, free flying is free flying.

If Option 3 exists, he's mine!!!!!!!

Option 4 - most schools who know you will give you work if you generate your own. So use your imagination - taking up photographers, 5 minute mini-hops, whatever? I'm still working on this option - but not trying very hard, because earning money and paying to fly is actually easier.

Option 5 - you're young enough to hourbuild slowly, paid if you can, cost sharing, generating work if possible, paying for some, getting house extensions etc done as well. There's no age limit for instructors, so why stress yourself and the family by doing this in a hurry. You only need 120 more hours to do the instructors course; you can probably afford 30 a year with that wellpaid job, can't you? Or 20? Is there a rush? And from what I hear, turbine time doesn't help that much if you want to instruct, though I could be wrong on that.

Er...sorry, I don't mean you; I mean your friend.