PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 22:49
Mr. R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

In regards to employoment to Bahraini first officers, how is that going on? I heard indeed a lot of stuff, mainly a lot of unemployed Bahraini FO's. (over 100) most of them are from the GAA program.

Well I plan to do my training alone, I don't expect to get a job when I graduate so I'm thinking of getting a job as a Bush pilot anywhere in the world. where I get paid and build hours.

Does this sound like a good plan? are Gulf air going to improve in say the next 3/4 years? I heard a lot of captains are leaving to other airlines, mostly the expats.

And as for first officers, don't they have a policy where they hire Bahraini's only?
you could start your training and then head far east for an ab-inito pilot job but whatever you do DO NOT GO THROUGH GAA they've saturated the employment market by supplying more than demand

right now things are really tough with all those unemployed pilots but if you keep your hopes on getting a job with GF or QR only then I think you should reconsider doing your training unless you have no problem of taking up opportunities elsewhere around the world.

Or you could do SO with CX that's an easy way to become a jet pilot

Last edited by Mr. R; 22nd Jul 2012 at 22:52.