PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be careful when fishing. This one has a big bite.
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 16:13
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex380,

The Vietnam reference was a response to a previous post on Vietnam. We were not the only ones there.

Look my postings generally reflect a friendly point of view though syntax & tone get lost via type.

There is a default reaction to 'yanks' as there is to 'Aussies'. Many of my good buds are Oz...and I think they get a bad rap around here...though they seem to believe that others find their country interesting. Just ask around on the Boeing who is a neutral...JFK or SYD, ...SFO or BNE, MEL or LAX, SEA or PER, DFW or ADL...yada yada yada...it's a no brainier to non Ozzies.

I think Americans get a bad rap.

Let's say we all had a choice of three different superpowers - China, Russia & the USA. Afterall its not fair to compare small countries to superpowers as you do not shoulder the same strategic burdens that we do.

Which system best provides for the aspirations of your kids...the Russian, Chinese or American system.

So why does all this coffee shop energy get spent on critiquing a democracy that has sacrificed so many lives for good causes. Our system is the only one that works well (perfect? No).., Facism, Nazism, Communism, Authoritarianism, Jihadism... All defeated or will be...Capitalism? While flawed if laws are broken (bankawankas) will always prevail.

But vitally, many friends of America know that if their sovereignty is challenged ..we are first in and last out. Yet we always get slammed.

A previous poster said that WWII was a long time ago. In America the 'greatest generation 'are still alive. It's not that long ago that we will forget....we will never forget...nor should the world...

f.

Last edited by fliion; 22nd Jul 2012 at 16:16.