PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Summer Idiocy?
Thread: Summer Idiocy?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 14:23
Cornish Jack

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts
Summer Idiocy?

Yesterday (Saturday) was the first 'real' Summer day this year and here on the N Norfolk coast the visitors were out on the beach and the kids enjoying themselves. Then along came 3 'Darwinian Candidates' or, possibly, 3 village idiots having an afternoon's jaunt ... in motorised para-gliders. Heading N - S at heights ranging from 150-ish to some 30 - 40 they proceeded gaily indulging their 'Look at me. I'm terribly important and daring' fantasies. Some while later, we were treated to a repeat spectacle in the opposite direction - only lower. So, if this brain dead trio wish to endanger themselves, so be it. I would, however, prefer NOT to have some gene-pool liability damaging me or my loved ones with the sudden arrival of the mechanical bits of their pointless pastime. Should any of them be reading this (assuming literacy is a skill which they DO possess), they might wish to bear in mind that their chosen 'display stage' included the Bacton Gas Terminal - the UK's main gas terminal, which has more 'plods' per square inch than you can (or would wish) to shake a stick at. Apart from the possibility of legal action, the general enthusiasm of our 'protectors' for shooting and killing things which they find disturbing (innocent or otherwise) might persuade them to re- route their future playtimes, both further from the inhabitants AND at heights which more approximate to FLYING.
Such a change, at least in respect of staying further from the buildings although stupidly low, has been evidenced by the clown with the low wing fixed gear aerobatic job which regularly demonstrates his (lack of) skill along the same coast line so one can but hope!