PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RNP SID with RF leg
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 13:28
9.G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gotcha aterpster and no objections there. Nobody said obtaining the approval will be a walk in the park. However that's not the point here. Again that's what's it all bout :
My company is a RNP-AR certified operator. The pilots are trained (or will be) for RNP-AR ops. Other aircraft in our fleet have full RNP-AR certification but the A340-300 is not and Airbus doesn't seem too interested in certifying it for RNP-AR ops. The A340-300 can however legally fly RNP 1 SID's and can fly RF Legs.

We will have to get our Nav DB vendor to code these procedures before we use them so there will be no manual insertion into the FMS nonsense.

Can the A340-300 with Honeywell FMS 2 legally fly this procedure if it is in the aircraft's Nav DB?
It's a plain language question with all the prerequisites given. Let's see:
HKG published new SIDs with RNP1 and RF for noise mitigation purposes. The requirements for those SIDs are published and clearly written on the plate and AIP. The operator is approved for RNP 1 as per OPS SPECS. SID is in the DB as published. BTW no approval will be granted by the state of a/c registry unless vendor's DB has been demonstrated to be satisfactory. OpSpec/MSpec/LOA C063, Area Navigation (RNAV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP) Terminal Operations is an example of OPS SPECS approval. Provided the aircraft is airworthy there's absolutely nothing precluding DH from flying this SID. All this fuss about SAAAR or AR APPROACHES is completely irrelevant to this issue. DH isn't interested in academical particularities of design criteria. He's an operator like me and sitting in the cockpit before departure my only concern is CAN or CAN'T I fly it? Again no need to mastrubate his brain.
I'm done here.