PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be careful when fishing. This one has a big bite.
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 13:10
Turkeyslapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are in fact Australian, may your family rest a little more secure tonight knowing that American tax dollars are paying for that new 2500 man USMC base in Northern Australia as counterweight to Chinese posturing in the Pacific.

Don't know if he is however I am....I don't think the Australian government went running to good ol uncle Sam, cap in hand saying...oh oh oh can we please have 2500 Marines here to protect us. I hope sincerely the Marines don't turn up with that belief as that will really win over the Northern Territory locals

Chinese posturing in the Pacific , yeh sure however, so are our American friends. In fact, maybe the US should be saying a thankyou to Australia and the community which they will soon....erm...contribute to...."we need somewhere to put our Marines who we need to move out of Japan so we can maintain a counterweight to the Chinese posturing in the Pacific, can we please station them in Australia for training periodically, oh thankyou" with a tip the hat

I have served along side our American allies and I have great admiration for them however, the above comment just tippifies the stereotypical image that people have of Team America...F#ck yeh!

Cheers

Last edited by Turkeyslapper; 22nd Jul 2012 at 13:17.