PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2012, 18:57
PJ2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
roulishollandais;
Re, "It is fashionable to analyze aviation and all events in the light of the economy. It needs to be tried, but this seems to me erroneous :

"1 Aviation has NEVER been a source of profit for airlines."

I certainly agree with that!

"2. But a lot of money circulates, and attracts gangsters, who use all their dishonesty up to recover. "

It depends upon one's definition of what and who a "gangster" is. If we're talking organized crime and money laundering, perhaps, but the influence of such activity upon industry decision-making and priorities would be minor compared to those processes in place to maintain high levels of safety. Depends upon the country. If we are talking "banksters" however, then, apropos your #3 comment, I would obviously agree.

"3. The economy itself is now completely distorted by incompetent financers, and finance is unrepresentative of reality."

"4. The civilian and military aviation is primarily strategic, leading politics and managers to denigrate the laws of physics, and to sacrifice justice for her and sometimes AF447..."

Yes, agree; that's roughly the point I'm making.

Clearly my post is not entirely a Tech topic so I won't pursue it other than in the context of the original post. Thanks for your response though.