PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo Airlines - Sunita the Snake and her dog named Blue
Old 21st Jul 2012, 17:27
Dexter320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The grim story about Indigo..
Hey Guys, just a note on this backlog since it was brought up here..
The intention is not to discourage but to let the public know of the dirty situation indigo has gotten about 120 type rated pilots into.

i am one of those type rated pilots who got in last year 2011 through the indigo exam and have been waiting for more that 9 months on the ground after type rating and there are about 90 pilots who are after my batch waiting after being type rated.. no exaggeration there as we have an forum on FB.

Basically the problem is that they have taken in more that 485 pilots in the past year inclusive of the KF guys,and whilst all this expansion, indigo being the very business minded LCC that it is has decided to take ppl like you me and everyone alike for a ride as all the investment is on us and they dont share any liabilities.

Indigo is an irresponsible Corporate money making airline which views pilots as numbers and not as people, which is clearly reflected by their callous attitude towards all of us..

they do not keep us informed and we havent heard from these idiots for the past 7 months .. do not reply to emails..do not pick our calls..quite a PATHETIC HR and hiring situation headed by that incumbent Capt.Patrick Singh!!

and to top all that they go ahead and advertise their On TIME policy which clearly is lacking in this case..!

Basically they have a commitment with CAE to send X number of students for a type rating and recieve a kick back from CAE..a commission if you will, so what indigo is doing right now is going ahead and sending hapless souls to get type rated irrespective of there being no demand for pilots whatsoever..as they have nothing to loose as we foot the bill via loans from banks who already have started knocking on our doors asking to pay back the money rightfully so ..

they are actually inducting once every 3 months which explains the HUGE backlog waiting and doing nothing .. ive lost abt 15 months of my life since last year waiting fro this heartless, conscious-less airline which simply doesnt care as to what happens to its pilots.

So ppl writing the exam now will only get into the company post mid 2014..!! yes im serious..2014 as these guys show no inclination of hiring.. all of us are mere Tampons in the Managements eyes , stacked on a shelf to plug a leak in the no of pilots if anyone decides to go out to different airlines opening up, a sort of back up if you will..

All our LOIs have been renewed as they couldnt accomodate the hiring .. a case of pathetic planning and paltry execution..!!

if you do have any other airlines you can get into , please do get in immediately.. get your hours there and then join indigo as then they would favour you .. if not then go join the club of unemployed, type rated, anxious, under informed pilots who have been taken for a ride by the Greedy Corporation headed by Capt.Salim Zaheer (VP flight Ops ) who basically doesnt give a **** as the company sweeling with pride is winning awards after awards.

All that is well and good now as these awards are only an indication of the past and present while Indigo is ruining its future by demoralising willing , responsible able pilots who have been caught in this mess.

i know that the management ppl read PPRuNe, so all id like to say is .. go on Indigo , be proud , be arrogant revelling in your short lived success and build a dark future by treating pilots like objects, do not inform us anything and ignore our calls..when you face the same fate as AI ,KF and the rest , then we'll shall see who's going to ignore calls and just not report to work ..

u know what they say about Pride right..that it goes before DOWNFALL!