PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2012, 11:20
CaptAirProx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish BAA would sell it - allowing a far more realistic management to come in and steer the airport. I feel BAA are slowly driving the airlines customers away with their half baked ideas of traffic management.

It seems BAA pride themselves in having to try and re-invent the wheel several times over perhaps with newly promoted staff being offered 'projects' to bring to fruition.

There are more middle managers and compliance of compliance managers than I government quango team.

I have never seen so many different painted lines and markings to direct you onto the correct piece of concrete. Blocked off pavements, barriers, kerb stones, marshalls, escape lanes, signage that is too complicated. It would take a new management to say hangon - are we not making this far too complicated and going full circle - shall we go back to the beginning and start again!

As an example - pax have to use short term carpark for drop off - fair enough, makes sense. But no, having made access to forecourt area impregnable unless you jump the barrier behind the bus they decide to reduce the waiting time for drop off from 20 mins i think, down to 10mins. Hardly making it a breeze for passengers. Then they wonder why they have to spend further money trying to manage the drop off offenders blocking the roundabout. Surely all they have to do is lengthen the drop of time limit to something more attractive to pax and the problem will kind of resolve itself. It seems it makes good management sense to create a problem and then solve it. . . I guess it gives them a job!

BAA - you seem hell bent on antagonising yours and your clients customers!