PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - VH-OQA Write Off.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2012, 10:50
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

I read a couple of bits of it and thought FIGJAM- like the little bit that 90% of commercial pilots wouldn't think to do a control check control checks bit- but overall nothing too shocking in the edited bits apart from self promotion.

Then I read:

"I don't know if Harry & Dave wanted to stop me, but I had timed the announcement to catch them unawares."
What a freaking disgraceful display of CRM. I read that and felt like throwing up. I'm no angel, we all make mistakes, but what sort of person puts that in a book? Only one who is still proud of the decision and THAT says a lot about character.

Further, I'm very sure that if Dave Evans (I don't know Harry) didn't like it as an idea he'd make sure his concerns were voiced. To imply that it was too late for them to say something insults those other blokes no end.

For the rest of my thoughts regarding the incident I'm going to wait until I read the ATSB report in full but given that Captain DeCrespigny has admitted to that little gem already I don't mind making comment that I thought it was a completely low act.

If the article is characteristic of the rest of the book it's well and truly off my reading list.

Last edited by Keg; 21st Jul 2012 at 10:51.