PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why not Cessna T303?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2012, 22:44
irish seaplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the C303 is a really cool design, and was really one of the last cleansheet designs of the GA boom time. The original factory brochure is there on the CPA website, or pm me for a copy of it. The big tires, trailing link gear and air stair are all great features. Fly ASG in Guernsey are the experts on the type, and I believe they had a type fly in there and went through all the issues. I think the engine gauges were a weak point. The fear would be that the SID issue would spread to them, or that Cessna may someday just stop supporting the older twins. That's the advice I was given, as when I sold my 180K I wanted to trade up to one.

I got a B58P share landed on my lap, and fly it a bit, not a huge amount as the fuel is a huge cost, compared to the C182RG it rarely makes sense to take it out. The B58P is a race car... let out at FL240 @ 235Kts, but it does use 161L per hour in the process. You can run around at 28GPH at 165Kts without leaning it too hard. Not really a full six seat, bags etc machine. You need to balance it up, so full cabin load leaves 60% fuel (say 100usg). If you want to fly a B58P send us a pm. We took a Lake Buccaneer, C182RG, C210N and B58P on my stag party (EIWT to EGGP) - and all landed one after another. The speed advantage only really opens up over those long distances.

I've a friend who owned 5 Aztec's and swore by them. Another who pushed Navajo's around Canada in the winter, and said they handled icing like no other. One more guy who has has more money and airplanes than pretty much anyone could have - he says Piper Panther Navajo is his favourite.

Go fly em all, it's a buyers market for twins.