PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NH-90 Problems?
Thread: NH-90 Problems?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2012, 17:15
SansAnhedral

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
From the beginning the countries were split. Denmark did not consider the S-92, the H-60 or the NH-90 as serious candidates. It was obvious at the time that the Danish government was in bead with Agusta Westland. This fact was substantiated when I received a very terse phone call from a Danish General shortly after the final decision was made. Norway similarly had early on decided to go with the NH-90. At multiple times during the selection process Norway was provided with unsolicited proposal information on the SH-60 series. All were rejected. At one point a very attractive proposal was actually slid back across the table and never reviewed by the Norwegian government. I believe, that, until very late in the process Sweden and Finland actually leaned toward the S-92 but a late program management change seemed to sway the program away from the Sikorsky. The rest is, as they say, history. Looking at it now from a position ten years later and considering the Canadian issues with the S-92, none of the candidate aircraft proposed at the turn of the last millennium would have successfully met all of their requirements. Now in hind sight many are looking to that non state of the art less than capable H-60.
Thanks Jack, this precisely substantiates what I was getting at in my first post.