PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair Pilot Arrested for Knife In Bag
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2003, 18:37
pontius's pa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone remember the mantra before 9/11 which stated that the only way to ensure security in the air was to introduce security measures that were so stringent as to be beyond our wildest beliefs, providing you were not flying El Al.

Believe me I am not trying to pour scorn on any possible threat but because three hijacked US flights in one concerted attack had a horrible result and one nutter tried to blow up his shoes, airline flight crew, and, sorry guys. them what pay our salary, the travelling public, are daily subject to indiginities that in any circumstances are completely unacceptable, and without precedent even, as far as I am aware, in war time, and of course do not provide any protection from a determined hostile act.

To UK subscribers, do not expect a rationalhearing from Blair's caring sharing government

To US subscribers

Having experienced as pax, (my company does not operate to the US), the inconsistency in the application of airport security is not particularly impressive. I fear that an enlightened sensible approach does not appear to be just around the corner.

This does not contribute much I know.

On another matter, and my main reason for the post.!!

Where can I get a genuine NYPD and FBI agent's badge?