PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you consider this dangerous?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2012, 12:45
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
Having dropped more than a few jumpers...free fall and static line....a few precautions need to be considered. Not just jumper's gear getting fouled....but jumpers gear including reserve parachutes fouling the helicopter...particularly the tail rotor. The Static line and canopy bag combination should not be long enough to foul either the main rotor or tail rotor.

Sharp edges that could cut the static line need to be cushioned or taped to prevent cutting.

I question air launching a Para Glider as my understanding they are similar to parachute canopies but not as strong as they do not have to tolerate the shock loads of an opening with a lot of vertical speed as parachute canopies have to cope with.

Do these guys use a Reserve parachute with some sort of dynamic extractor device?

Depending upon the Authority which one operates under....there could be problems legally.

Lastly as noted....anything to do with a Robinson constitutes grave risk in my book....less so the 44...but the 22 terrifies me and I am a hero (small "h" used on purpose).

Last edited by SASless; 20th Jul 2012 at 12:52.