PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2012, 11:03
MrTruthBox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello...

Hello

Firstly Mr Scotswhoneedsum, I showed you’re posting to myWife. She was surprised that Patents in a mental Hospital have access to theInternet. Good luck with everything.

Mr BufordTJustice,I agree with every word you wrote. I well-constructed, logical posting! MrSquealing Pig is right. We do need a way to move our opinions and concerns forward.It would be my view that Balpa is ineffective. I’ve used them on the oddoccasion but to be honest don’t think the service they provide in ourparticular case warrants the monthly fee.

An internal Pilots Committee/Representative Group could be away forward. This could be in terms of getting our Views across and also forour own legal protection. A small fee could be collected every month off allPilots. Let’s say 10 quid. That money could be set aside for legalrepresentation if needed my any member within the Group. Perhaps only a core or3 Members to start the Group, then issues or concerns could be funnelled tothese Members. I’m just flying a Kite but I do believe something like thiscould work. With SJ departing it could be the time to strike. And beforesomeone suggests the Base Captains – well forget it. This group should beseparate from the management structure.

My final point for the week concerns a comment made aboutthe Manager of Rostering. Now here is just another case of someone with a dis-functionalpersonality being given a position that’s she didn’t have the skills or maturityto succeed in. Sure she probably does work very hard. However you have to be judgedon results. Appeasing RL by squeezing the life out of Crew isn’t really a goodidea. Rostering to within 5 minutes of discretion, flipping of Crew fromEarlies to Lates, last minutes changes – it’s just completely operating outsidethe spirit of the FTL. This woman has to go if the Company is to move forward.She is in my opinion toxic. Maybe SJ can take her to his new Base in Austria. Iappreciate that Hair Gel sales may dip significantly in Britain but still…

Good to see more people joining up and joining in thediscussion. Have a good weekend all. Cheers from MrT.