PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting in LAX area for trip to Las Vegas
Old 20th Jul 2012, 08:59
grafity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have to go to Las Vegas in December and I was thinking of killing two birds with one stone and doing a bit of hour building. I will probably be flying into Los Angeles a week before I'm due in Vegas with the aim of doing some hour building.

About the only thing I can associate with this side of the world is a flight simulator I used to mess around with based on San Francisco so I was thinking I'd pay a visit up that way.
My plan is to rent an aircraft for 5 or 6 days fly up the coast towards San Francisco, then head inland towards Vegas and then head back to wards Los Angeles. Catch some of the sites like the Golden Gate and Grand Canyon etc.

I'm just looking for any must dos/don't dos for such a trip, any recommendations for 172/PA28 rental for 5 or 6 days and ~15hrs flying? I should be flying into LAX as far as I know at the moment, so in that general area, it doesn't have to be a G1000 but something well maintained that isn't going to konk out half way between San Fran and Vegas would be nice.

Thanks in advance, I know it's very vague but I've only really started thinking about it and realised how little I know about the area.