PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2012, 07:32
baswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you really think it's a good idea to blast off with a made-in-china domestic-grade ipad only with no guarantee an app isn't' going to freeze
TSO equipment now comes with a guarantee it doesn't freeze? That's the first time I have heard of that!

The iPad is *extremely* reliable. Apple has both a reputation to uphold and if you are selling hundreds of millions of them, you get very good at making sure they don't fail because returns are expensive.

I can honestly, 100% certain say that not a single customer has ever contacted us to say they our app crashed in flight and wouldn't come back due to either our or the iPad's error. (We have had people email us to say their TSO glass failed and the iPad saved their bacon.)

If it doesn't work in flight, it is always operator error in not having downloaded everything they should.

And of course at times people have had GPS problems, but that depends on the aircraft and where the pad is kept and people find out pretty quickly if they have a "problem aircraft" and buy an external GPS.

I am not advocating our product could or should replace certified equipment, just pointing out that non-TSO does not mean "unreliable". (And as especially early users of GA glass cockpits will attest, just because it is certified, doesn't mean it doesn't crash in a way that can't be fixed in flight.)

Last edited by baswell; 20th Jul 2012 at 07:34.