PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2012, 02:11
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks, Okie, you nailed it.

There might be more dependence upon electrons than you suggest, but the aero characteristics of the 'bus seem really good to this old fart.

I am not anti-bus. I am bitching about all the reversion sequences and such, which seem very confusing to me. I want something to hang my hat on, and if various sensors are FUBAR, and HAL doesn't use them, I still want to know what I am playing with. I also have a problem with the THS still in operation once outta Normal law. Another thread topic.

I joined the fray here to show that some knew about unexpected aero problems over 30 years ago that the cosmic FBW systems could not fathom. It's why I detest the term "protections". Although our system had different mission requirements than the 'bus, it was the first one fielded with a fully FBW system and had several hundred jets flying within two or three years. We initial cadre were afraid that the newbies would forget how to fly a "real" jet. And I can't help but see that fear realized in the AF447 disaster.