PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2012, 01:59
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHD is still well below its cap, as Mart correctly points out. A more pertinent question (though your post was a statement, not a question) is, what is going so badly wrong at BFS that another airline has decided (rightly or wrongly....time will tell) to leave Neaghside International and go down the road?
Not sure there is anything badly wrong, it is just a different strategy whereby BFS ride the Easy cash cow and can't/won't compete with the free deals offered by BHD who are so desperate for airlines that they have chosen the tactic of trying to pilfer airlines at any cost while trying to make money through parking/footfall in the terminal.

Any thoughts?
Plenty

It seems incredible to me that if BFS offered the same T&Cs as BHD that an airline would go to the time, expense and bother to move to another airport twelve miles away (as the EI A320 flies).
I agree, except that BFS won't have tried to match the offer, they can't afford to for various reasons, not least the worry of having to offer EZY the same terms (seriously better for them if EI leave in that case)

I believe the deal that BHD offers really cuts their own throat in order to get some route/airline expansion. Any airline has to consider a big Zero on fees for three years very seriously even if they have to live with the City's numerous restrictions