PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My plan for becoming a pilot (UK)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2012, 21:03
i luv aviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for your responses!

Firstly, in regards to BA 767s. I heard like only 14 were retiring out of the 21 they have....

Secondly, theres no need for anyone to ask me to question the future.. I already kno whow things are and that there are possibilities that certain things might exsist. Im only writing in regards to IF the opportunities are there.

Thirdly, I know the US is cheaper. However, I would not like to suffer the way the poor regional guys are suffering and also you need a degree to join a major. Hence, why I am hoping to obtain a Pharmacy degree and earn a bit of cash. I also understand that BA cadet scheme is competitive; which is why being a degree will be useful.

Fourthly, I was thinking about joining the Canadian forces as they also help to pay for your degree. But they are very picky and it is extremly hard to get into! also, there is no guarantee that you will be able to get flying on an aircraft and may be on a helicopter instead....

All I can do is hope things will get better and that the opportunities will be there!

P.S. @ lORD SPANDEX- what do you mean by: Of course not, your standards will be far too high and you will need retraining.