PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My plan for becoming a pilot (UK)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2012, 20:32
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You seem to motivated by Salaries?

IF you were accepted onto the BA Future Pilot Programme, you would save yourself one hell of a lot of work regarding Uni and working as a Pharmacist. If being a pilot is your main goal apply for BA when they open their doors again. If you are not successful with that, then by all means go for plan B.

I am not sure of the details regarding paying BA back the cost of your training, however, if you graduate you will start on the BA 34 year pay scale. After 10 years, you will most likely find yourself earning a salary well in excess of the figures you quoted, especially when you get your command.

Regarding fleets, technically BA could put you anywhere there is a demand, but typically new joiners go onto the Airbus fleet at LHR.

You must realise that becoming a pilot takes a lot of hard work and determination which ever way you do it. You also need a degree of passion to get you through and to take to the job, so in years to come you dont get bored.

I am sure you know this already, but getting into BA as a cadet is VERY competitive, and only a select few get in, so dont put all your eggs in one basket.