PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brit Jailed for QF Hijack Quip
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2003, 10:52
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most interesting. On my flight to Australia 3 weeks ago, we had an Australian (of indeterminate sex, but dressed as a 27 yr old woman) go berserk. Slugging the male pax either side (with wine bottles), turning mobile phone on and refusing to turn it off, swearing, screaming, spitting, scratching at all in range (topped by exposing self and playing with said parts in the cabin), finally muttered bomb threat. 'Clapped in irons' followed by the above actions for 6 hours all night. Police attendance requested- took 25 minutes for them to turn out unenthusiastically- a previous QA flight had another one. Individual talked gently off after a further hour, crews nerves in tatters- they had been spat at full in the face with promises of AIDS! Hours of paperwork, Police interviews, statements for the Cabin Crew.

I understood this individual would have been bailed by the evening of arrival. I can appreciate that these days nobody in the Western world wants to take responsibility for deranged individuals and that is why the streets in every city are full of people who would be better off being detained in and looked after by various mental institutions, but when someones completely unrestrained and outrageous behaviour impinges on other peoples peace of mind and safety, then immediate detention is justified. I will be waiting to see how the Australian Authorities deal with this particular case, or is it easier to stamp down heavily on foreign tourists? Going to be interesting.

(I never did discover the final sexing of this individual, but it looked ostensibly like a fairly attractive female blonde. Imagine meeting that in a bar one evening and taking it home! Talk about Fatal Attraction! I am so glad I am married!)