PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Air 655 Incident- ACI last night.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2012, 09:25
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just have a look at his previous posts, and the way they r wrote, and I think you can assume that this guy is not a troll and a journo. British journalism keeps to a pretty low standard, yes, but still....

I remember seeing a BBC (?) documentary about that shoot-down, live film shot during the incident. It was all 'high fives' and back-slaps aboard the ship until they got word about what sort of wreckage they were recovering. Oops....

It wasn't the proudest hour in our military history, no, but 'murder'? 'No,' to that as well. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Aegis system, at the time, presented data from the Iranian F-14 as if it were coming from the airliner, or at least it could be misread that way: in essence, the Airbus was 'tagged' as an F-14, when nobody thought to check any further before firing the fatal shot.

It's tough trying to understand the gap between civilian life and what goes on in the military. Perhaps Jakey should try a visit to someplace hot to see if that expands his understanding a bit. 'Hey, Jakey! Go check out that person to see what is under the burqa, would you? There's a good lad!'

Absent his intervention somebody might end up being shot as a potential suicide bomber, just because someone else isn't willing to take chances! We need more people like Jakey in our world!