PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Regional
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2012, 08:59
bigjim99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weight?

Currently sat in MAN after this mornings flight to ORK was cancelled due to EI-SLL going tech in ORK.

Most passengers have been transferred onto WAT which has raised a concern for me. Can you please tell me what I should do.

The MAN-WAT flight is operated by a ATR 42-300 and due to the cancelled ORK flight all 48 seats are now taken. There is a golfing party onboard of about 30 PAX and I am concerned about the weight of the aircraft. I understand the max load is in the region of 4,500kg.

51 people (inc PAX and Crew) about 75% of which are fairly large golfers/men lets say average 85kg (i would guess this may even be too low) for all onboard = 4,335kg

The 30 golfers each had a checked bag (say 10kg) and a outsize golf club bag (say 20kg) = 900kg (not sure how they are going to fit it all onto the A/C!)

Other PAX checked baggage I am not sure about and as for hand baggage, there seems to be a lot of this also - which wasn't weighed at check in.

As you can see from these quick calculations it would appear that we have some weight issues or am I incorrect?

If we make it off the ground, we are flying into WAT which is a short runway - potential stopping distance issues?

I assume that weights are all calculated electronically but when I looked at the check in line it just looked wrong. As a PAX, I have flown probably around 500 sectors on ATR A/C and have never seen anything like this before.

So should I make the flight crew aware of my opinion? I am a regular flyer and don't want to cry wolf but will do if there is a genuine reason. What is your thoughts?