PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Making the air...err...clearer?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2003, 10:27
Sperm Bank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Tullarmarine I agree whole heartedly. This entire shambles (jaundiced sledging) is descending into farcical terms. Nowhere else in the world have I seen/heard such derision and unprofessionalism from so called "professionals". We here in DJ have our percentage of morons, absolutely no argument there. However generally I think they are very few and far between from what I have witnessed. I am equally sure the majority of QF lads are similar. However..... there does appear to be an "element" in QF that are nothing less than childish with some of the ridiculous banter over the radio. The antagonism of ATC by some is a bl@@dy disgrace to say the least. I have cringed on many ocassions at some of the head wrecking. mind numbing vacuous diatribe released from the mouths of some in this country. Yes I know they (ATC) don't always get right, either do I! A little bit of give and take goes a long way gentlemen.

Everywhere else in the world pilot's just try and get on. Why is it so difficult to do the same here? Those without the experience of flying abroad have little concept of just how stupid we are down here at times. It really is as simple as that. I for one will not descend into this pathetic paradigm of neanderthal thinking. If a QF crew want the wind and ride I'll give it to them accurately. If they are in a hurry and it wont affect my schedule adversely, I will offer them a speed reduction (mine) etc. I want to get away on time and get in on time, just as QF do. I don't engage in any child like antics. I have kids to do that!

Why don't we all try something different when we go to work next. As soon as we experience something that really pi$$es us off, take a deep breath and let it ride. You will get a good deal of satisfaction from your restraint, not to mention a whole lot more respect from your peers! If keeping it in doesn't do it for you, go the the gym and punch the cr@p out of a punching bag. Just please let the rest of us get on with our job as PROFESSIONALS!