PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Jul 2012, 05:31
seasexsun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's be honest, most of spanish pilots are poor quality pilots. Bad english level, bad pronunciation, lack of vocabulary and poor level of english comprehension. Furthermore, they all speak fast (bad and fast) and all of them tend to shout on the microphone. This is indeed what we may call spanglish. We can listen to them everyday (TNT, Ryanair, Vueling, Swiftair, Air Nostrum....)
Another issue with them is the low quality of flight training in spain. Poor IFR basic skills and the question banks are learnt by heart without any understanding.

Ex spanair guys joined their airline only because they knew a friend inside. They've never had to attend any sort of proper assessment in their pilot career.
Most of them applied to Emirates straight away, and they all failed and ended up in Qatar Airways.

Qatar Airways has lower terms and conditions and a higher pass rate compared to Emirates Airlines.

It is about time to think about it.

(I am spanish, btw, but I trained in the USA)

Last edited by seasexsun; 18th Jul 2012 at 05:33.