PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go-around after engine failure in light twin
Old 3rd Jan 2003, 10:17
CaptAirProx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumbo, I have no idea what your type experience is. However, on the basis you now fly Boeings, I was rather hopeful that you had worked your way up from the filthy ranks of light aircraft through turboprops to jets. Certainly thats the impression you give on here regarding these "outdated types".

I find it a great shame that a man in our profession can be so ready to spit on the very aircraft that he/she probably learnt their trade, and for some are the only aircraft they will fly or indeed WANT to fly. All aircraft have their place in aviation.

I would imagine you are one of these guys that used to fly single engine over the channel without question in your early PPL days. Now it is seen as cras decision making by those that do. Just because you can sit in a warm multi engined aircraft now. I agree I will now try and go twin engine when flying GA across the water for jollies et al. But I will still do it if push comes to shove. It gets the adrenalin going and reminds me of all those exciting flights I did when really new to aviation. Very humbling.

You appear to be very dismissive of others which I would find very challenging if I was your colleague on board. Have you heard of a reasoned non-personal argument? Remember, you may be a professional in your field but this is a Private Pilots Forum that has contributers which may not have the experience and wisdom you have. Lighten up and allow people less experienced than you, to ask you informally any questions they like. Then the unitiated of us my feel inclined to ask and probe at your tales of wisdom. We could then all learn and perhaps work as a team! Flying is about learning from others so don't ignore every comment you hear, please.

I quite enjoy flying my 30 ton diesel powered aircraft. One day I would like to have a go at a Boeing. I just hope that when I do, I will not have forgotten what real flying is all about.