PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Jul 2012, 01:53
RK303

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my own experience as a non native english speaker, I’m making a clear distinction between two type of English. A basic one and a “sophisticated” one. The basic one is the one I faced during my initial training and the one I faced during the QR interview.No strong accent, normal rate of speech, simple dialogue and talks with people who want to talk to you in simple terms. So you are able to pass the interview assessment.
Now the “sophisticated” one is the one you will ear if someone put you in an Irish bar between two irish guys talking each other without any special effort and their natural rate of speech.Needless to say I’ll spend a hard time to understand at least 50% of what they are saying….
In europe of course, English is absolutely not the first language for many countries, so a huge extra effort is required by the one who want to become a pilot on the international field.That is not an easy task for many of us.

Last edited by RK303; 18th Jul 2012 at 02:13.