PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2012, 00:21
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMIT.. Thanks for the scoop. I am lookin at a schematic of the a300 E bay, and see transformer rectifiers, aC generator controls, etc. the bay is directly behind the cockpit area, and below it. I see possibilities of heat source, and so for now, I won't abandon the idea, just put Er on hold.

LoneWolf... By uphill, I mean a 15 percent grade, steeper than the steepest legal road in the US, by five percent. Yes rest is just behind and starboard of the cockpit, and when he rolled out, it would not have been airspeed he'd consider, but deck angle. At 350, a deck angle of 13,14 degrees would startle a passenger, not to mention a Captain duBord....he walks in on the crew, sees low speeds, leans against the back of jump seat to catch the angle, hears the stall SV And cricket, and says "hey, you, drop the bleep nose..."

Re BEA. One of the criticisms I have of this D- report is that too many data points are presented without explanation, not even an "unk". EG "there is a noise in the cockpit". You don't say... One is left to ponder the wisdom of leaving data in that serves only to accomplish...nothing?

They could easily include the acoustic traces of the voices, so we could see the sequence, volume, and location of the vocals....traces would not give away any meaning, but would quantify if not qualify the CVR. As it sits, there is no CVR.

Only meager transcriptions of words, no audio. So it occurs to me the BEA rejects its legal requirement to provide a report to the public. Something so heavily censored and "managed" misses the mission mark.

Last edited by Lyman; 18th Jul 2012 at 00:25.