PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 17th Jul 2012, 23:16
Traffic_Is_Er_Was

Location: QLD - where drivers are yet to realise that the left lane goes to their destination too.
Received 183 Likes on 76 Posts
SgtBundy,
I don't think there is a "global conspiracy to extract money " underlying AGW alarmism. The money is coming along just nicely all by itself due to the massive fear campaign of the few. I do think that the trough has never been bigger for the academic/politic snouts to dig into. There is huge money being thrown at AGW. You don't see skeptics jetting off en masse to (ineffective) gab fests in Copenhagen, Cancun and other holiday hotspots. There is no incentive to prove AGW is false. If you do, the gravy train stops. There is no government grabbing money off their people and funding research into whether it is actually happening or not. The money is going into how bad will it be, how can we stop it or slow it down etc. The basic premise is that it is happening, it is real. You are on the outer if you even question it. Why not hitch your coat tails to the gravy train and ride it as long as it lasts. Every one else has. Look at the IPCC. A bunch of bureaucrats who are answerable to nobody, pontificating like the IOC or FIFA. There is no accountability. You can make any outlandish prediction you like and it's accepted as gospel because we're all doomed. Glaciers are turning into raging torrents as we watch, Islands are going down for the third time, deserts are greening up, pastures are blowing away, the earth will be uninhabitable in twenty minutes if we don't act now!!! And what do they all want to fix it/compensate them for it? Money. With the amount of crap we have been fed by these so called experts, how can ANYONE believe them? I'm so sick of a hot day here and a rainy day there all being signs of catastrophic CLIMATE CHANGE. Remember when there just used to be hot days or cold days? There is such a sanctimonious moral high ground assumed by the AGW proponents. Their opponents are all "deniers", you know, just like those nasty holocaust ones.
I honestly believe most thinking people secretly know it's all BS. So do governments (oxymoron?), but no one is game to come out and say it. Abbott let his personal opinion out once and got howled down. You can't even voice a negative opinion if you are in power anywhere (unless you are Václav Klaus). But they know, that's why they won't really do anything about it. It's all window dressing to look good, but no one except our f*ckwits are actually prepared to bugger their country over something they know they actually have absolutely no influence over, is nowhere near as bad as trumpeted, and will be soon forgotten when the next big scare comes along.
The future will laugh at our naivety.

Last edited by Traffic_Is_Er_Was; 17th Jul 2012 at 23:21.