PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Air 655 Incident- ACI last night.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 20:37
Lonewolf_50

Received 468 Likes on 294 Posts
Merc:
Yes, from Argentina.
Cheers.
I realize the political aspect of the problem and I could answer myself the question "Why?" Still, I considered a shame that Mr. CO was not prosecuted. US sent a wrong signal with it.
For the year 2012? Perhaps.
In the year 1988, not so much.
Why not take yourself back to the political climate of 1988.
President Reagan and his team played to internal crowd, as well as international crowd. What I find more intriguing is how his successor, GWH Bush, chose not to tidy up that loose end. That was left for Clinton to clean up. Consider why that is.
The home crowd (well, a considerable portion of it) had little sympathy for much of anything Iranian at the time, except for the expats who'd been tossed out by those Ayatollah clowns.

I try to remember this matter of playing to different crowds when the current president of Iran runs off at the mouth about Israel, and other matters. Some of my friends get all up in arms over that.
I don't.
Some of his rhetoric is aimed explicitly at his home crowd.
I donīt like Ms. K, less her manners. But I donīt agree with you about the Malvinas and, surely, I have full rights to voice my opinion in this subject
Absolutely have the right, and I never said otherwise.
By all means, speak up about the Falklands from whatever Point of View that makes the most sense to you.

Last time around the political justification was sold, and if I don't mistake it, bought by at least a portion of the Argentine population. The home crowd, or at least part of it, were on board.

Curious (and not on topic for this thread):
How are Frau K's sales figures on the Falklands issue (to her and thee, Las Malvinas), in the bazaar of political ideas in Argentina?

How much of the home crowd is "on side" with her rhetoric on that score?