PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Air 655 Incident- ACI last night.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 17:03
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what would I be tried for?

An honest mistake?
Manslaughter.

I'm not sure you'd have much of a defence if you killed a bus load of people to save a shopping centre.

I don't know which country has the offence of "making an honest mistake" so where you would be tried for that is a mystery.

There's a world of difference between members of the armed forces, on duty, in combat, under threat, and normal people going about their daily grind.

Perhaps if some of your 800 hours had been done in uniform, you'd have a better understanding of what was going on in the control room just before the missile was fired. Perhaps if we knew how many of your 800 were as a passenger, we'd have a better idea of how much of a troll you are.

Spandex,
Air police, I didn't mention murder. I would, however, expect to be on the receiving end of some justice no?
Yes you should, just like the Captain of the ship was. In every court all over the world there will be people who think that a decision not to prosecute is wrong.

The reality is that, for a multitude of reasons, not everyone who gets caught will go to trial, and that's just the way it is.

What I'm not sure about is who it is that Jakey the Troll is angry at, apart from the whole world.

As for difficult questions, nah, that's easy. They were protecting the image of projecting an image.

I don't see a lot of difference between regime change over the years. Hitler wanted the Jews gone, probably because he didn't like Jews and Rumsfeld wanted a war for Halliburton to make money because he's worked for them since he was at Uni.

The US were happy to destroy Saddam and Gadaffi and yet they object to China wanting to have a say in how Taiwan is run.

Why is it ok for some Libyans to kill the people in power in order overthrow their government but wrong for the people of Northern Ireland to kill politicians in London?

If the IRA should come back up to operating strength and resume hostilities, to shake off the oppression of the British, would the American military wade in to support the poor downtrodden folk of Belfast?

The US military machine is an extension of the White House and whether the ship should or should not have been there is neither here nor there.

They were told to go so they went. They were threatened so they responded with force. Sadly, they responded to threats by shooting down the wrong aircraft. Some of the people who ought to shoulder the blame are in the Pentagon.