PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 16:04
Airbourne-Adamski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Article

EXCLUSIVE: Lebanon talking to easyJet, Ryanair in tourism push.

Authorities in Lebanon are in talks with low cost carriers including easyJet and Ryanair about starting operations to the country in a bid to boost a tourism industry that has been rocked by political turmoil in the Arab world, including neighbouring Syria, Tourism Minister Fady Abboud said in an interview with Arabian Business.

"Indeed we are talking to Monarch Airlines, easyJet [and] Ryanair - we're talking to all of them," Abboud said in an interview from Beirut. "But Lebanon's civil aviation will not give them the right to land - they say 'yes you can come from London, but we want 25 extra flights to Heathrow'."

Abboud said he intends to table a proposal at the July 18 cabinet meeting to endorse the plans. UK-based easyJet's only destinations in the Arab world are Jordanian capital Amman and Marrakech in Morrocco.

"I have a complete plan that I want to introduce low cost flights and chartered flights," he said. "The hotels are ready to give special prices. I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I want to do what Dubai did a few years ago when they had a problem, or what Egypt or Tunisia is doing now. You know you can spend a whole week in Tunisia now for €400 in a hotel plus the ticket."

Full Article : EXCLUSIVE: Lebanon talking to easyJet, Ryanair in tourism push - Transport - ArabianBusiness.com