PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions by an Aspiring Dispatcher
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 14:51
The Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Questions by an Aspiring Dispatcher

Hello,

All my life i dreamt of being a Pilot, joined Pilot Training ground school in 2006 with limited money only to exit it a few months later due to a Family Emergency & then came the recession which shows no signs of receding.

I was wary of risking my money as I come from a Middle-Class household & my father is on the verge of retirement. All my (well-to-do) batch mates who continued & eventually completed their flying from various flight schools in the US returned, converted their licenses & are ALL S~T~I~L~L chasing the few Pilot Interviews out here in India.

All but 2 made it as an Employed Commercial Pilots, their daddies gladly Lubricated the employment facilitators - i dont have such fabDads

Since ^ I have about 6 years of Voice experience in Call-Centres tending to UK & USA based clients, am currently working for a US Banking major supporting their mortgage portfolios etc.......

I used to chase Qatar Airways quite a bit on their India Cabin-Crew recruitments, made it All The Way twice only to get a No Thank You! mail, same goes for a recent Cathay Cabin Crew recruitment where too i went right up till the Final Interview only to get the boot via email 2 months later

Basically, its been tough merely existing instead of Living the life i wanted (want) for myself but anyways, here i am - 27, about to turn 28 in a few months, based in Mumbai, India & I cant bear the agony of working in a Stupid, STUPID Industry that I just don't belong to.

I'll be fine working up ladders in the Aviation Industry but i have no aspirations in the field i'm currently in.

So i ask you Fine Gentlemen,

I have some close relatives in Dubai where i can do a GCAA-UAE Dispatcher License Course Emirates Aviation College - Training Courses

And Jeppesen seems to be doing the same thing in Hyderabad Aviation Security Courses at GMR Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport, Shamshabad

My Questions are:

What is the market like for someone (like me) with zero experience IN the Aviation Industry but with the Course (and all the world's passion for flying) under his belt?

Is getting an FAA License any better?

I guess my primary job market will be the Middle East¿

Cheers - Blue