PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA aerobatic rating
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 12:21
markkal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for update Whopity,

That means an FI(A) with aerobatic rating will be enough ???

That is a bit confusing, have been in contact with EASA, and am waiting for a reply to some queries from their part (Mr Borgmeier, licencing dept.).

He said to me time ago For those countries who have it: Italy / France..Where a (National) aerobatic instructor qualification exists in addition to the normal rating, that should be endorsed in licences when those become EASA. Therefore aerobatic instructor needs to be added to FI licence...

So far have found out at my expense that those national Aerobatic instructor ratings (For those holding them) are not recognised outside state of emission. i.e. italians require to embark the whole (National) aerobatic instruction course for an FI, regardless of the hours and foreign (French 2è cycle) aero instructor rating, this til 2015...

Does that mean that once EASA licences will replace JAR ones one will have to wait 2015 even holding these qualifications ???

It would help to find some easy clear explanations, but looks like local CAA's and EASA are at a loss and don't know what to say