PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 17th Jul 2012, 10:55
cccc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone explain me...

Hi all,

Everybody knows that a lot of ex-Spanair guys went to QR and started their training. And apparently the training takes much longer than expected. And this due to 2 reasons: lack of English knowledge and no experience on type.
Please correct me if I am wrong. I am just trying to figure out something.

Did those guys went through the same kind of assessment as most of us did? I.e. have a presentation about the company, give a brief introduction about yourself in English of course, have 50 ATPL questions in English, have an interview with 2 captains... in English, and have a sim ride... where the talking had to be done in ... English!

Let's be honest... lots of Spanish guys/girls don't speak English, but Spanglish. And I know this, because I did my integrated ATPL training in Spain. And I have nothing against them, I actually love Spain and everhing that goes with it. But their English level, well it isn't a 4.

So, if they did the exact same assessment as we all had to do, how did they pass the selection then? Or did QR just see an opportunity of hiring rated people on the A320, without assessing them properly? Or am I missing something else?

In the mean time, I am still waiting for the offer, after the good news in March.

Cheers,
cccc