PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skills test: was frustrations, now PASSED.
Old 17th Jul 2012, 10:51
lenhamlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As mentioned, my QXC was over 8 weeks ago but I've flown at every opportunity (sadly not that many) since then. I'm up to around 58 hours now, but much of those have been flying for flying's sake, and if the feedback I have received is anything to go by I would have happily passed in around 45 under the right circumstances.
Ds3, my view is that no flying is wasted time, so whether it is before or after the skills test is irrelevant - it's all still money out of your pocket. In fact one could argue that it is more practice before the big day. For what it's worth, I had over thirty hours on taildraggers before moving to Robins. It all stood me in good stead for the big day.

Lenhamlad -how did you find the skills test after the 6 week gap? was you worried about being rusty? did you find the skills test easier or harder than you expected? and who was your CFI?
I continued to fly in between the QCX and had two hour session the day before so was feeling quietly confident. I also used the time to brush up on my in-flight checks HASSEL etc so they were firmly in my head.