PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Airlines Upgrades !!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 10:38
Atlantic_Conveyor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And of course then you'll be climbing a cliff with the A320 TR.
I don't think so. The prop to jet conversion is a simple one, even I managed to do that. It's a bit more slippery in the descent but thats about it. The automation is very robust. Most of the guys I fly with now have never had a significant in flight failure in an aircraft. How many Atlantic pilots can say that? If it is so difficult how to all these 200hr pay to fly fools manage it?

The only hours that count for the bigger stuff have Boeing or Airbus next to them.
Yeah right. There was always a steady flow of guys leaving Atlantic for Boeings or Bus'. For an unemployed B757 Captain, fade to grey sure has a lot of condescending career advice to dish out. I am sorry you lost your job, it can happen to the best of us. However, why come on a thread like this one and start patronising a bunch of capable pilots that want to get along. Maybe, here lies the answer why you have all this big jet time that you say is so valuable, yet remain on the dole.

Keep at it guys, Atlantic is not the worst employer and there is no perfect employer. No business cares about you beyond what is good for them but there is better out there than a pay cut every year and the casual imcompetence of the people who drive the Atlantic show.

Last edited by Atlantic_Conveyor; 17th Jul 2012 at 10:42.