PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlaw, basic instruction "Hold short of.."
Old 17th Jul 2012, 09:19
Airmen25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlaw, basic instruction "Hold short of.."

Hi guys, just a topic of dicussion between some fellow aviators.
Heres the scenario...an A320 after landing, taxiing on a long taxiway and was instructed to hold short of an intersection because up ahead after the intersection there was another aircraft being pushbacked onto the same long taxiway. All 3 members of the crew, captain, first officer and second officer were visual with the other aircraft. Approaching the hold short line, the captain kept creeping towards the line, no callout by anyone until aircraft's NOSE went slightly passed the line, thats when the second officer called out "Captain we need to hold!", captain: "I know, i know okay?!" and stopped immediately. Once re-cleared, resume as per normal. After shut down, second officer asked the first officer, "what happened back there?, was my call out wrong? was i too nervous?", first officer said "Yeah, you should have just let it be, captain knows what hes doing, besides we are all visual with the aircraft ahead and there isn't any pottential hazzard or danger, and also, its NOT AGAINTS THE LAW TO HAVE THE NOSE AHEAD OF THE HOLDING LINE AS LONG AS THE NOSE WHEEL IS BEHIND THE LINE"...."ohk, my bad" second officer replied. Whats your take on this one guys? and was the first officers claims regarding the nose and nose wheel true?