PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Anyone?
Thread: Monarch Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 08:11
assymetricdrift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So with all this talk about great negativity from people designed to stir up anti-Monarch feelings, I'd like to ask the question, genuinely to those who are more in the know than us:

Do we know what the future plans of Monarch are?

From what I hear, the new routes out of BHX are doing excellently, and giving "the largest regional airline" a little bit of a pasting on the routes they are competing on. But this expansion out of BHX and EMA, is it going to be part of a continued expansion plan? Or is it just capitalising on the bmiBaby routes? Would there be further plans for expanding the airline and route network too?

All this talk about negativity and the airline not knowing what they are doing, is a bit insane. In my opinion, there's got to be a plan... BHX has always been an under-served airport in terms of many routes and I think that MON are filing the void very nicely at the moment.

The problem with EMA would be the direct competition against Jet2, who I believe could well be their largest competitor at the moment.

I'm sure the answers lie somewhere in the previous pages, but sifting through pages of people saying "You're all fools for applying" doesn't really appeal to me right now.