PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spring Airlines
Thread: Spring Airlines
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 04:16
springaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potato, I don’t think so much about perspectives, but since climb happy knows what is going on at Spring (it is safe to assume he works there) and says that it’s all about attitudes I need to add my 2 cents.
There is nothing in my post that suggests anything wrong with China or its nationals per se. I am not in to promote personal opinions and believe they have little place here. There are plenty of forums discussing the pros and cons when living in any country. Some families and individuals adapt, others don’t and there is nothing more to that. If you must know, and in order to clear the air, I find more positives than negatives.
When a pilot in at Spring is fined USD $12,000 for busting an altitude and his local colleague gets fined a mere 3% of that amount for the same mistake it begs an argument. Shortly thereafter, another pilot gets suspended for a month with no paycheck (USD$13.500) for wearing sleepers in the flight deck, on a 16 hr duty day, while some others have done much worse and get away with it. I do feel for those guys as we can all make a mistake, be it of judgment or operational. But 2 wrongs do not make one right. The severity of the penalties imposed are out of any contract let alone comprehension. This is what got the thread started.
On a different subject now, guys have failed medicals and are sent back home only to regain full medicals at their home turf. I can imagine their frustration trying to explain this to a future employer and insurance company when looking for coverage. Nothing there to enjoy, no good attitude will restore the damage that is already done. There are plenty more examples that are not even mentioned. A good attitude has little to do with it all, and as we all had, it will be quick to turn around when confronted by such abuse and lack of reasoning. Since I am here for the long haul (flying that is) I will protect my interest and will look after the well being of my license. No good attitude will preserve such.
I therefore disagree with the initial post, it is not about attitudes. There are plenty of traps never mentioned in the Spring brochure that may have catastrophic consequences to a pilots career, and that needs to be brought up to anyone willing to part with their surroundings when looking to do a contract.
Let’s stay focused, Spring Airlines only. What are the problems, how to fix them and how to make the best out if all. This should benefit all. Thanks.