PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 01:02
Turbine D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Clandestino,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbine D
very gentle adjustments of the sidestick are required?
Originally posted by Clandestino: Bravo sierra perpetuated on PPRuNe. Read the report. Page 87. Slamming the stick from full back to full forward in ALT won't kill or even hurt you, if the average of pitch gyrations is centered on cruise pitch.
The reference you mentioned is the TAM incident. What I referred to in the BEA Final Report was in Appendix 6, Page 1.
Airbus "Unreliable Speed Indication" Procedure, A330 Air France FCOM:
During this failure identification time, since the flight control laws may be affected, it is recommended to maneuver the aircraft with care until the ADR (s) is (are) switched off.
Guess the TAM folks proved the Air France FCOM wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbine D
And finally, would the pilots who have or do regularly fly Airbus aircraft, such as Clandestino, be clamoring for sidestick shakers if it were of true benefit?

Originally posted by Clandestino: Who said I regularly fly Airbus? I was just a line jock, warming the RHS of 319/20 for a bit less than two years. Who gives a rat's stern about me? It is all in the certification standards!
I am sorry Sir, that I gave you credit for something that didn't deserve credit. I was just going by your previous information (Bio) that very recently changed including your location...