PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Anyone?
Thread: Monarch Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2012, 22:12
fmgc
Plumbum Pendular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the almost desperate steps of announcing Ema and extra Bhx post the Baby shutdown
It is by no means desperate.

Monarch are taking advantage of a few of the routes left open by BMI Baby and not the non profitable ones.

The subbing in of 4 737 aircraft , in what i can only think is an airport slot gaining exercise
We are not talking slots but taking up the slack left behind by BMI Baby and the need to move fast before other airlines moved in, which they tried to do but couldn't as we had done it already.

By your argument they must have been desperate too then!

On most of the routes we do we hold the highest market share and the ones where we don't we hold 2nd place.

Yes we did make a loss but it can't be compared to other airlines as the money set up is completely different. The shareholder takes money out so we don't have the cash in the bank that other airlines do, but when we need cash he lets us have some back.

Bear in mind also that in the loss we made quite a bit of that was money paid to the shareholder in lease costs for the aeroplanes. A bit of smoke and mirrors but things weren't as bad as the bottom line might make it seem.

There does seem to be sour grapes against Monarch and I would imagine that a lot of it is O'Leary stooges as he is upset that we beat him into EMA.

To that end I don't know why I am getting sucked in by the Trolls!

EDIT TO SAY:

Having read DjerbaDevil's posts in other threads he is obviously a Jet 2 man, one of the other airlines beaten to EMA and we are now launching from LBA this winter so no sour grapes there!!!

Last edited by fmgc; 16th Jul 2012 at 22:16.