PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2012, 12:43
JimNich

lazy fairweather PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrT

I think I didn't explain myself very well there, my post was not intented as an emollient for Rebak but more of an observartion for the industry as a whole. Last year there was much unpleasantness here as the Union and Company locked horns over a couple of issues. Virgin have just been through it recently, and Lufthansa and various others (and their Ts and Cs are positively gold plated). My point (okay, not very well made) was that there's little point in getting het up about other peoples attitude towards their employer because you'l find it no matter where you go. It all comes back to the story of the swallow who forgets to fly south for the winter (if you're warm and happy in a pile of sh1t, then keep your beak shut).

Eastern pilots have a lot to be angry about, I'm not disputing that, their Ts and Cs leave a lot to be desired and I know, in the current market, moving on is easier said than done. I'm the first to admit how blindingly lucky I was. However, nursing your bitterness is self distructive, especially in a busy flight deck environment. We all have to realise, to a certain extent, we are the architects of our own circumstance (okay, easy for me to say, but there it is).

As for Mr Js departure, I actually have a bit of sympathy there. He was not popular thats for sure but I know how much work he put into it which was a lot more that anyone else at Eastern. However, its probably true that its someone elses turn and a bit of new blood could be just whats needed.

I enjoyed my time at Eastern, I still think its a great company with nothing but potential, strangled by the very people who own it. Hopefully market circumstances will improve and they'll be forced to re-think their particular brand of workforce relations (or indeed have one).