PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it me... or the UK ATC system?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2012, 10:20
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
421C, I´m not sure whether Type I approval for database products is what the whole discussion is about. D facto we have two discussions in this one...a) bout flightprep and b) about DBs

If we say 'the Jeppesen', we talk about the charts and maps, with the general or text part (Entry requ., ATC, MET, etcetc.) that a lot of us use for flight prep... And these are not covered by that approval...and from what I read in the disclaimer, Jeppesen does not guarantee anything.

Further, the approval is restricted:

Type 1 LOA
Letter of acceptance granted where a Navigation Database supplier complies with EUROCAE ED-76 / RTCA DO-200A documents with no identified compatibility with an aircraft system. A Type 1 LOA confirms that the processes for producing navigation data comply with these Conditions and the documented Data Quality Requirements. A Type 1 LOA may not release navigation databases directly to end users.
We use Jeppesen charts and maps, and the database for our FMS comes from a company called INDS, which in turn is a joint venture of Jeppesen and Honeywell.... I haven`t bothered to check if they are approved.

Last edited by His dudeness; 16th Jul 2012 at 10:22.