PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uni or flying training? (2012)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2012, 07:13
Sagit89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously thinking?

Dear Tony,

I did not read all the replies do to the lack of time, but what bothers me is how seriously thinking you are? You say you study something at college and by the end of the college you started seriously thinking about going to aviation. You already know that the route you are considering is a money consuming one and therefore I wanted to ask you when did you start seriously think about aviation?

If it is just now on the last year of college after watching some series or hearing some stories I'd say don't do it! I believe (sorry pals) aviation is the industry where you better not go withough honest fanatism which lasts for years (if not all your life preferably). I personally studied aviation related course at Uni and I was somehow bothered by people who joined this course just our of fresh interest. They were not sure what to join so they joined this one. Of course there were just very few of those, but it is quite disturbing to me. By the most of those people were not interested in the details of some modules, but they only loved the idea of aviation. Like: aviation wow flying awesome, but this vector calculus with aerodynamics is damn boring along with this avionics can't understand can't be bothered.

Therefore I want to ask you how serious is your interest? If you fanaticly want to become a pilot do it! It is hard to land a first AIRLINER job people are whinning about but it is not that hard to start instructing! Pay 6k euro. Get FI License. Work for year or two (maybe you will love it and will desire to stay getting into better FTO with better pay). And then find a jet job! Also as you live in Leeds I would suggest you go modular (since no living expanses required) since modular is a perfect way to get to FI with less money spent. Just think, do you REALLY want it?